Meth is a powerful and highly addictive drug that affects the user physically and mentally. Individuals under the influence of meth experience short- and long-term effects depending on various factors. While it is challenging to overcome meth abuse, joining a meth addiction treatment program can help you successfully walk the road to recovery. At Midwest Recovery Center in Toledo, OH, we have substance abuse programs offering reliable therapies to facilitate permanent recovery.
Meth Abuse and Withdrawal
Several studies note that the withdrawal symptoms of meth occur in two phases. The first phase takes place within 24 hours after you stop using meth, and its effects continue to decline within a week. Severe symptoms can last for several weeks, especially when you do not check into a meth rehab in time.
The withdrawal symptoms vary across individuals depending on factors like duration and amount of meth used. However, common symptoms include:
- Anxiety – It is one of the most common withdrawal symptoms for individuals suffering from meth addiction.
- Fatigue and sleepiness – Meth is a powerful stimulant that leaves users feeling hyperactive, so if you stop using, you will feel tired and sleepy.
- Depression – It is common to experience sadness while battling meth withdrawal, although its severity lessens by the third week in a meth addiction treatment center.
- Psychosis – The hallucinations associated with meth withdrawal result in a condition whereby you lose touch with reality.
- Intense cravings – Like other substance abusers, meth users will continue craving for the drug once consumption stops.
If you or your loved ones are experiencing meth withdrawal symptoms, seek intervention through our meth addiction treatment program.
Why Choose Our Meth Addiction Treatment Program?
As noted, the powerful and highly addictive nature of meth makes it challenging to cut off its usage once you become hooked. Chronic users of crystal meth develop a dependence on the drug because of its long-lasting effects that alter the brain’s functioning. People struggling with addiction and are attempting to stop using meth without supervision experience severe withdrawal symptoms.
Our meth addiction treatment program offers crucial support that helps you manage withdrawal and enhance recovery. When you check into our meth addiction treatment center in Toledo, OH, it is worth noting that our primary aim is to assist you in achieving lifelong sobriety.
Orientation is necessary as it will give you an insight into the programs we offer and their prices.
Holistic Rehab Treatment
For a holistic approach, we combine several addiction treatment programs, including:
- A women’s rehab center – It provides a safe environment for women battling meth addiction as they can freely interact with their peers and learn coping skills to manage withdrawal.
- Partial hospitalization program – PHP is an intensive treatment program that sometimes requires you to spend the night at our rehab facility under the close supervision of healthcare providers.
- Intensive outpatient program – IOP is an integral rehab approach that facilitates your recovery by empowering you to monitor progress at home while complying with our guidelines.
- Community housing program – Sometimes called sober living or transitional living, this program provides a drug-free environment for our clients who have recovered from meth addiction to pursue their goals and prevent relapse.
- A men’s rehab center – It is a meth rehab program that allows men to build a strong network with peers who are suffering from similar mental issues while empowering them to encourage each other for permanent sobriety.
Overcome Meth Abuse at Midwest Recovery
Despite the highly addictive nature of meth, joining a meth addiction treatment program will help you manage withdrawal symptoms and regain sobriety. Contact Midwest Recovery Center at 833.627.0039 today to start your journey of overcoming meth addiction.