Addiction does not care about your income level. It also doesn’t pay attention to your gender, age, or race. In this sense, it is the great equalizer; anyone can develop a problem with substance abuse. But if you or someone you care about has first-hand experience of addiction, you understand how difficult it is to overcome addiction on your own. This is why substance abuse treatment is vital.
Addiction specialists have known for decades that even though public opinion doesn’t always agree, addiction is a disease. It changes your brain chemistry and makes you physically reliant on the substance in question. But with the help of a professional drug and alcohol rehab, you can overcome your substance abuse issues. Not all substance abuse treatment programs are right for every person. But if you are struggling with alcohol and drug addiction, Midwest Recovery Center is an excellent place to start.
Substance Abuse Treatment Programs in Ohio
One of the reasons that so few of the over 40 million Americans suffering from substance abuse issues do not reach out to an addiction treatment center is that they don’t have the information they need. Do you need help? And if you do, how and where do you start? Thankfully, the American Psychiatric Association has published some criteria in its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. These include:
- You crave drugs or alcohol when you are not using them.
- Your relationships with family, friends, and colleagues have suffered as a result of your addiction.
- You struggle to complete your family, work, or social responsibilities because of your substance abuse.
- Despite having experienced adverse physical or psychological effects of substance abuse, you have continued to use drugs or drink.
- Your attempts to reduce your drug use or drinking have failed.
- When you have tried to reduce your consumption or quit, you have experienced withdrawal symptoms.
- You continually need to consume more of the substance (or use it more often) to feel the same effects.
If even one of these criteria describes your current circumstance, our drug and alcohol rehab can help. You can rebuild your life. But first, you must admit that you have a problem. Once you have done that, we can give you the tools you need to get well.
What Can You Expect in a Substance Abuse Treatment Program?
In Midwest Recovery’s substance abuse treatment programs, you will find the expert care that you need to break the cycle of addiction. The first steps involve a series of assessments. This will allow us to better understand the severity of your addiction, your history with the substance or substances in question, and many other factors that will affect your treatment. One of the things that we will determine as we customize your treatment plan is which of the levels of care might be the right place to start. At Midwest Recovery, we offer the following:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). Midwest Recovery’s PHP is the most intensive level of treatment. It is ideal for patients who have completed a residential addiction treatment program but is also an excellent starting point for individuals who do not need 24/7 inpatient care. Through a combination of medical care and counseling, you’ll work through the root causes of your addiction and develop coping strategies.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). The IOP is a slightly more flexible program. At this level, you will develop healthy habits and coping skills while beginning to return to independence.
- Outpatient therapy. As you return to work and family life and begin the work of rebuilding your life in earnest, our program provides accountability and support.
- Alumni program. The support you receive at Midwest recovery does not stop after you formally leave our care. And the support network in our alumni program is at the center of our comprehensive aftercare.
The addiction specialists at Midwest Recovery Center will be with you every step of the way, making sure you have the tools you need for a successful long-term recovery.
Reach Out to Midwest Recovery Center Today
The earlier you decide to take care of your addiction issues, the sooner you will be able to rebuild your life, and the easier it will be to do so. We will create a customized treatment plan that fits your individual needs. We offer a range of treatment programs, including:
- Heroin addiction treatment — Millions of people in the United States suffer from heroin addiction, though this drug is highly potent and hazardous to the user’s health. We offer an effective heroin rehab program, which we use to help people escape the effects of this dangerous substance.
- Opioid addiction treatment — Opioid addiction is one of the leading substance use disorders in the United States today. Our opioid addiction treatment center offers therapeutic options combined with medication-assisted treatment to support the recovery of our clients.
- Painkiller addiction treatment — Painkillers may come from the doctor after major surgery, or the doctor may prescribe them for chronic pain. In some cases, however, these drugs are addictive. Finding treatment for painkiller addiction is easy when you reach out to Midwest Recovery.
- Prescription addiction treatment — Many people assume that prescription drugs are safe because they come from the doctor. Unfortunately, many of these substances are also highly addictive. Fortunately, with the help of our prescription drug addiction treatment program, it is possible to begin the healing process.
- Opiate addiction treatment — While opiates deliver relief from coughing spells and pain, they can also lead to slow respiration and heart rate, as well as dulled senses. However, because they also lead to euphoria, many people continue to take these drugs. This continued use has the potential to lead to an overdose. It’s vital to seek support from an opiate addiction treatment program to begin recovery before this possibility becomes a reality.
Don’t let drugs and alcohol control your life any longer. Call Midwest Recovery today at 833.627.0039 or contact us online.