A gender-specific program is the best way to receive treatment in a comfortable and supportive environment for many women entering addiction treatment. At Midwest Recovery Center, we offer a women’s rehab program in Ohio focused on the specific needs of women in recovery.
If you are a woman looking for treatment for a substance use disorder, call Midwest Recovery Center at 833.627.0039 or use our online form. Our compassionate staff will discuss the treatment options we have available for you.
What Is a Rehab Center for Women?
At a women’s rehab center, you’ll undergo intensive treatment and therapy for addiction or a substance use disorder. However, rather than being surrounded by men and women, your group will consist only of women.
Some women find this a more comfortable environment to discuss the problems they face while undergoing treatment.
For example, many women find it easier to discuss issues that mostly relate to women, such as motherhood, sexual assault, domestic violence, or problems in the workplace, with those who understand their experiences.
You’ll find a supportive group of other women who can share their own stories and how they have worked through them. There’s a sense of safety and security that many women feel when they attend a treatment program designed especially for them.
What Can I Expect from a Women’s Recovery Center?
If you decide to undergo treatment at a women’s rehabilitation center, you can expect the same intensive level of therapy that you would receive in a mixed-gender setting. This includes medical support for withdrawal symptoms.
At our women’s recovery center, you’ll receive access to:
- Group support sessions
- Individual therapy with experienced addiction counselors
- Training to develop healthy habits
Your treatment will be entirely customized to meet your unique needs. When you decide to begin healing from a substance use disorder, our trained staff will guide you toward the best treatment program for your needs at Midwest Recovery Center.
What Are the Benefits of a Rehab Center for Women?
There are several benefits to attending a women’s rehab center. These include all of the below:
- Safety and Security: Perhaps the most significant benefit to entering a rehab center for women is the sense of safety and security. It’s common for women who enter treatment centers to have a history of trauma or unique emotional needs. It can be difficult to discuss those issues in a mixed-gender environment, especially those concerning relationships or raising children. When women are surrounded by other women who share similar circumstances, it can lead to a better outcome for overcoming trauma and emotional struggles.
- Nurturing Environment: A women’s rehab center allows for a nurturing and supportive environment. During treatment, men are more likely to become defensive when overcoming their substance use disorders or addictions. They may lash out and become angry during therapy. This can be disruptive to many women, who are more likely to be more accepting during treatment.
- Access to the Therapy They Need: Undergoing therapy at a women’s rehabilitation center allows access to the counseling needed to overcome an addiction. This consists of a multidisciplinary approach, including CBT, DBT, and life counseling.
Some activities may be especially attractive, such as wilderness and art therapy. Following treatment, aftercare programs are available to help women stay focused on maintaining sobriety.
Are You Considering Treatment for Addiction at Midwest Recovery Center?
If you’d like to seek treatment to overcome an addiction or substance use disorder, we are here for you. Our women’s rehab center will help you reclaim your life free from addiction. To get started, reach out to the experienced counseling team at Midwest Recovery Center by calling 833.627.0039 or visiting our website.