One type of drug and alcohol addiction treatment program is partial hospitalization, also known as PHP. A partial hospitalization program focuses on intense treatment and frequently involves mental health support as well. For those struggling with depression, anxiety, and addiction, a PHP program may be the right route to take. It is one of the services we offer at Midwest Recovery Center.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Contrary to the name of this treatment program, you are not spending time in a hospital setting. Rather, you’ll come in for care during the day for numerous hours most days of the week. Then, at the end of the day, you’ll go home as long as you have a safe, drug-free space to live. During this type of treatment, you’ll get help for mental health disorders of most types along with addiction treatment. For many people with addiction, it is very common to need this type of advanced support for mental health needs.
PHP may be a good option for those who are unwilling or unable to use residential treatment. It can provide access to high-level support and personalized treatment plans.
What Are the Benefits of Partial Hospitalization?
There are many ways this type of treatment can be helpful. Here are a few key benefits:
- Access to Individual and Group Therapy: During PHP, you’ll work with your therapist as well as in a group setting. You’ll learn about your addiction and mental health needs and how to cope with the symptoms of them.
- Treatment That’s Intense: PHP is a more significant program than traditional outpatient treatment. You’ll spend more time engaging in treatment therapies, giving you the best ability to overcome your addiction.
- Work with Professionals Daily: Because you will spend a good amount of time in treatment for mental health and addiction, you have a range of professionals to talk to each day. That gives you comprehensive support based on your unique needs.
- Highly Effective Outpatient Care: Partial hospitalization program is a step down from residential care. For those who want intense therapy to help them overcome addiction but still want to live at home, this treatment can work well.
It’s important to know that PHP is not for everyone. Some people do not need this high level of support. Others need more help than this. When you come in to see your therapist for a consultation and assessment, you’ll learn more about the type of therapy that may be best in your specific situation. For many, there are real opportunities for healing available.
Learn How Partial Hospitalization Can Help You
PHP can provide you with a range of help in addiction treatment. You’ll learn about your addiction as well as the underlying mental health disorders present. You’ll also explore the underlying causes of your addiction, such as past trauma. You may need help with triggers or support for stress. All of this can be managed effectively in a PHP program. Our team can give you insight into how well this fits your needs.
At Midwest Recovery Center, we offer a range of treatment programs to help you. Some of the therapies you will find available to you in a PHP program include the following:
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Group therapy programs
- Family therapy program
- Trauma therapy program
Count on the Help Available to You at Midwest Recovery Center
If you’ve found yourself unable to stop using drugs or alcohol, don’t let it hurt your future and mental health any longer. Instead, reach out to Midwest Recovery Center. Let us provide you with the one-on-one support you need to heal. Learn more about partial hospitalization when you call 833.627.0039 or reach out to our team online.