There’s never a better day than today to get help for drug and alcohol addiction. For those who know about World Health Day, you may know it as a day when people educate and support others who need help with their health needs. Why not use this day as a reason to help others or, even more importantly, to get help for yourself? At Midwest Recovery Center, we’re happy to help you on that path.
What Is World Health Day?
World Health Day is April 7th each year. It was first celebrated in 1948 and continues to be a day to raise awareness of specific health needs. Each year, the World Health Organization selects a specific theme for this day. For 2021, the theme is “Building a fairer, healthier world.” The goal is to shed light on a health topic that is important to the community. While many topics could be focused on today, there is reason to focus on the heroin epidemic in the U.S.
Addiction is a concern for many people, but the threat is significant for those struggling with opioid addiction. The heroin epidemic in the U.S. has grown over the last decade, resulting in many deaths each day due to an overdose. It goes without saying that each death could have been prevented with help from others. Why not use World Health Day to help educate others about this threat?
How Can You Use World Health Day to Help Others?
When it comes to addiction, many people don’t recognize they can help others. Simple things can help bring attention to the devastation addiction creates. Some things you can do include:
- Reach out to someone you know using drugs. Find out how you can help them get help.
- Worried about a friend who drinks often? Ask if they would like you to go with them to a meeting.
- Turn to a loved one you know is battling addiction and trying to overcome it. Listen to them without telling them what to do.
- Take the time to visit a local treatment program or a homeless shelter. Offer assistance to those who need help getting to and from appointments for therapy.
- Help others learn about the heroin epidemic. It’s not just a condition impacting people in other areas – it happens everywhere in all demographics.
Often, addiction treatment is something people need to stop using. Yet, they cannot make that decision for themselves. They need help from someone else to get them to that point. By taking a few minutes to reach out and offer guidance or just someone to talk to, you may give them the support they need.
Use World Health Day to Help Yourself As Well
World Health Day is also a good day to focus on your own needs. If you’ve put off getting addiction treatment for too long for yourself, now may be the ideal time to do so. Our team at Midwest Recovery Center may be able to help you. Reach out to us. Let us know what’s happening to you. Let our compassionate counselors listen to your story. Chances are good we can give you the support you need to achieve change this year. All you have to do is reach out. Learn about our programs now:
- Men’s alcohol treatment
- Women’s alcohol treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Outpatient treatment program
Reach Out to Midwest Recovery Center Today
World Health Day could be the day you decide to get help. Don’t wait. Reach out to our team at Midwest Recovery Center to find the treatment that’s right for your needs. To learn more, call us now at 833.627.0039 or connect with us online for more information.