When you’re ready to seek treatment for an addiction or substance use disorder, it can be difficult to decide what type of program to choose. However, a partial hospitalization treatment program in Ohio may be what you are looking for if you want to maintain some connections with your home life.
Are you seeking to overcome an addiction or substance use disorder? If so, contact the knowledgeable and compassionate staff at Midwest Recovery Center by calling 833.627.0039 or using the online form. And keep reading for more information about our partial hospitalization program and how it can help you.
What Is Partial Hospitalization Treatment?
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) gives patients the opportunity to undergo intensive substance abuse treatment without requiring them to remain at a facility overnight.
In a PHP, a patient gains access to a full program that includes medical treatment, mental health care, and life skills development. However, they return home to stay with their family at the end of the day. A partial hospitalization program includes:
- Medical care and detox support
- Customized therapy
- Access to family support groups
Partial hospitalization programs can be a wonderful alternative for those who want to undergo treatment for a substance use disorder but have others who rely on them for support, such as children or elderly parents. They’re also a good way for patients to challenge themselves by seeking treatment while keeping up with regular daily tasks.
After the day’s activities are over, patients leave the treatment center. That comes with the potential temptation to turn back to their source of addiction. Recognizing and coping with this can better prepare them for the difficulties they may face further in recovery.
What Are the 4 Benefits of Partial Hospitalization Programs?
Four of the most noteworthy benefits of partial hospitalization programs are explained below.
- Maintain Connection with Regular Life: Perhaps one of the most significant benefits of a PHP is the ability to return home at the end of the day. You will receive a full day’s worth of treatment and rehabilitation, but you’ll still have access to the comfort of your own home. If you live with family members, partial hospitalization treatment allows you to keep up relationships with your significant other or young children who rely on you.
- Intensive Treatment for Patients: Even though you will return home in the evenings, you’ll still obtain the treatment you need to overcome a substance use disorder. You’ll attend regular group therapy and one-on-one treatment sessions with our counselors during the day. You’ll also have access to medical doctors and therapists who help patients develop new life skills.
- Daily Interaction with Staff: You’ll have regular daily interaction with our staff since you’ll be attending regular treatment programs. This allows you to ask questions as they come up during the recovery process. It also keeps your focus on your recovery while you are in treatment.
- Keep Working or Attending School: In some cases, you may still be able to keep working or attending school, at least part-time. This can allow you to continue earning an income to support yourself or your family. If you are in school, you can continue to earn credits towards your degree or certification while in treatment.
Are You Considering a PHP with Midwest Recovery Center?
Deciding to enter a program for an addiction or substance use disorder is the first step patients can take to reclaim their lives. The benefits of a PHP treatment plan are many, including obtaining intensive care while still returning home in the evening.
If you’re ready to seek treatment, contact our supportive team at Midwest Recovery Center by calling 833.627.0039 or using the online form.