The addiction recovery process involves overcoming obstacles and celebrating successes. A key component of that recognizes the importance of support on an ongoing basis. An alumni program is one tool available to many to achieve these goals. At Midwest Recovery Center, this is one of the resources available to you during treatment.
What Is an Alumni Program?
Recovering from addiction takes time. Even once you complete formal therapy, there’s often the need to come back for help. As you step back into your life, you’ll encounter new concerns and amplified triggers. Your goal is to ensure you can cope with those stressors to ensure the best overall results. An alumni program provides you with the ability to come back for support if and when you need it. In our alumni program, you get:
- Access to an exclusive alumni database that lets you get support and encouragement when you need it
- Educational materials that can help you during your recovery process
- Ongoing support from your addiction treatment team
- An ability to share your experience with others who need support, a great way to give back and benefit from it at the same time
- Social event access or other hosted events from alumni members or our location
What Are the Benefits of an Alumni Program?
An addiction alumni program can create numerous benefits for you. Once you complete treatment with us and enter into recovery, you’ll find this type of access can create a few key benefits:
- Support When You Need It. A hard day at work, a problem with a loved one, or a person that doesn’t understand your addiction can create moments of intense stress. Instead of relapsing, your alumni network provides you with fast access to people who can help you through those moments.
- Confidence. Having that type of backup support means you can have confidence in your future. Sometimes, just knowing others have experienced the same struggles can help you get through these challenges.
- Giving Back. It can be good for your own recovery to volunteer and support others. Playing a role to help others stay on the right path can be motivation for yourself. It also feels good to know you can help others in a meaningful manner.
An alumni program can provide access to group therapy. It may allow you to come back to talk to others going through the same struggles you are right now. It may also provide you with access to your therapists who can be there for you when you are at risk of relapse or need help making better decisions.
Alumni Program Access Starts with Getting Treatment
The first step in the process is to reach out for help. There is a great deal of support available to those who are ready to accept it. Our team at Midwest Recovery Center can provide you with the first steps. Take a look at our treatment program options. Find one that fits your needs. Then, start your addiction recovery:
- Men’s alcohol treatment
- Women’s alcohol treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Outpatient treatment program
From the start of treatment, you’ll find our master-level clinicians are dedicated to providing you with exceptional help. We’re here to give you the confidence and support you need every step of the way. Most importantly, you’ll find our alumni program can stay with you for as long as you need.
Explore the Treatment Options at Midwest Recovery Center
Finding the addiction treatment right for you is critical. An alumni program could be one of the features you look for in these programs. Our team at Midwest Recovery Center can help you get the support you need. To learn more, call us at 833.627.0039 or connect with our team online.