Women have unique issues when it comes to drug addiction. Part of the problem with drug treatment centers’ original design is that they were based on researching men. That meant that women often found their issues overlooked in a treatment setting, which meant they didn’t get the full scope of care they needed. Attending a women’s drug rehab program like that provided by Midwest Recovery Center allows female clients to receive care geared towards their needs.
Why You May Need a Women’s Drug Rehab Program
Long-term drug use takes a toll on your brain and body. You may notice a deterioration in your physical appearance. You may have other physical side effects that have you worried about your long-term prospects. Gender-specific treatment geared at addressing women’s issues as they relate to addiction could be key to your long-term recovery.
One significant reason why you may need help from a women’s addiction treatment center is experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop using. Trying to go through withdrawal without help can be dangerous.
How Rehab Programs Work
Many women start their stay in gender-specific treatment by getting a complete evaluation by the Midwest Recovery Center staff. It’s vital that we get the full scope of your addiction issues in order to develop the most effective treatment plan for your stay. We have experience dealing with problems stemming from a variety of substances. That puts you in the care of dedicated professionals capable of supporting you through this challenging period.
Here at Midwest Recovery Center, we educate clients on what to expect from their chosen program. We stress to women that no two experiences are the same. That’s why we work with clients to help them get the most out of their stay at our women’s drug rehab. Together, we design a treatment plan with clear goals and benchmarks. Alongside our counselors and therapists, clients can choose from numerous therapies, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Trauma therapy
These therapies are available across all our treatment programs and are adjusted as individuals progress. This allows our team to do its best to help clients break out of the cycle of substance abuse.
3 Benefits of a Women’s Rehab Program
Some of the reasons you might want to consider enrolling in a women’s addiction treatment center include:
- No distractions from the opposite sex — Gender-specific treatment programs can help women focus on their care and recovery instead of the potential of getting into a relationship. It also makes some women more comfortable opening up about female-specific addiction experiences.
- Learning to live by a routine — A women’s rehab program gives clients the chance to understand what it’s like to leave their chaotic addiction lifestyle behind. They learn to get up and attend sessions at certain times. It gets you used to the idea of sticking to regular, healthy habits once you leave treatment.
- In-depth treatment for issues — Midwest Recovery looks beyond the physical symptoms of addiction. We encourage clients to talk through their problems. Women learn how to manage society’s expectations and deal with triggers that might tempt them back into drug use.
Enroll in Midwest Recovery Center’s Women’s Drug Rehab Program
A gender-specific rehab program can help women struggling with substance use disorder identify, overcome, and heal from the disease of addiction. If you’re ready to change the way you’ve been living, Midwest Recovery Center can get you pointing in the right direction. We help women dealing with various addiction issues, including:
- Alcohol addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Marijuana addiction
- Meth addiction
- Opiate addiction
- Opioid addiction
- Painkiller addiction
- Prescription drug addiction